Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hey Teacher....wait, how much does that cost?

My excitement for school keeps growing. Over the weekend, I emailed my professor to introduce myself...I'm all wrapped up in being an old fart coming back to school. Well, he responded and was thrilled. My friends all told me that it would likely be that way. I asked him about the textbook for class. Turns out I need a book and a CD set for class.

This text book runs 100 dollars NEW and the CD set is 80 new. Wow! Yeah, I'm very out of touch here. At any rate, I checked out www.half.com for books and found both in like new condition for for about the price of just the book at the campus bookstore. It kinda blew my mind that the books could have cost about half of my tuition. Waiting patiently for them to arrive.

Tonight is my official orientation. Is it silly for me to be THIS excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment